Passionate about helping our community
As you know, for the past 56 years IMPACCT Brooklyn has been a cornerstone in the communities we serve. Affordable housing, small businesses, and homeownership are just some of the issues we address as part of our mission. Circumstances are dire and we must ensure that we remain in a position to continue providing the critical services our communities and residents so desperately need. The stability of the organization and the dedication of our staff and board have allowed us to establish quality programs and services our constituents have come to rely upon.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is fueled by passionate people in our community who stand up for affordable housing, and economic, racial, and cultural diversity. If you are interested in creating flourishing communities, we welcome you to support the cause.
- Exclusive invites to annual member-only event
- Voting rights at Annual Meeting
- Listing in Annual Report
- Private member-only briefings with Leadership Team
- Quarterly updates from the Executive Director
- Two complimentary tickets to organizations Insider’s Breakfast
Become an IMPACCT Brooklyn Member today!
Click here to choose how much you’d like to donate to IMPACCT Brooklyn, and at what frequency you’d like to do so.
Be a community champion
All members of the Community Advisory Council are expected to:
- Act annually in some significant way to support the organization’s mission (e.g. expert advice, door opening, funding or fundraising).
- Allow the organization to publicize their name and participation on the
- Advisers, list name on letterhead and other communications.
- Attend events such as the annual meeting and special gatherings.
- Keep informed about plans, activities and needs of the organization.
- Attend three meetings per year.
- Serve for a term of two years.
Creating space for the community
We encourage all building designers and developers to be thoughtful of the project’s respective neighborhood, and to work with the surrounding environment to ensure well-designed housing that reflects the locale’s history and diversity.
Our goal is to transform what was once contaminated areas into a vibrant community that accommodates low-income rentals, mixed-income rentals, supportive housing, mixed-income condos, and community space.
- Does the groundwork of the project positively contribute to both residents and the neighborhood?
- Are the components used to build the structure visually pleasing, functionally sound, durable, and environmentally friendly?
- Does the form and size of the building provide a unique identity in the neighborhood, while also allow it to fit into the neighborhood?
- Do the building’s visible “faces,” or sides, complement the existing community and its residents?
- Does the arrangement of windows and doors maximize access to natural light and air, while also promoting a sense of security and visual connections to the outside world?
- Can people move easily throughout the building’s public space and to the outside neighborhood’s infrastructure?
- Is the ground floor as welcoming as possible?
- Do the building’s landscaping and materials enhance a building’s presence on the street?
- Are there outdoor and open spaces designed to accommodate a number of uses?
- Are they sustainable?
Sign up for community news & updates
"*" indicates required fields