IMPACCT Brooklyn is one of Brooklyn’s premier nonprofit community development corporations providing services borough-wide. The organization works hand-in-hand with low and moderate-income community members and stakeholders to preserve and develop affordable housing, promote commercial revitalization to strengthen local businesses, create homeownership opportunities, protect tenant rights, combat predatory lending practices and prevent home-loss. Founded as Pratt Area Community Council, Inc. nearly 60 years ago, IMPACCT Brooklyn now serves as a catalyst for neighborhood stabilization and revitalization with a focus on Central Brooklyn and has brought people together to build an equitable, diverse, engaged, and flourishing community.
IMPACCT Brooklyn seeks a meticulous, detail-oriented Services Coordinator to evaluate the needs of our clients, make recommendations for new services, and suggest improvements to existing services. The service coordinator’s responsibilities include planning activities, advocating for the client’s care, explaining the available options and keeping records of the services offered. To be successful as a services coordinator, you should be service-oriented with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. This position reports to the Director of Social Service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and creating a safe environment that offers a means of expression through the arts, jewelry making, pottery, crafts, photography, sewing, etc., that will positively impact the clients’ health status, feeling of wellness, and/or quality of life.
- Access, develops and implements comprehensive activities and events taking into consideration suggestions for clients.
- Performs administrative tasks such as publishing and advertising upcoming events and activities, maintaining materials, equipment, requisitioning supplies and organizing art room.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation in HMIS database system of client engagement and interaction; develop monthly calendars and prepares quarterly reports.
- Work with the social service staff to improve attendance at all events.
- Advocating for adequate, timely, and cost-effective services and responding to any issues that occur during the delivery of services.
- Obtain and coordinate donations of materials and supplies from free and low cost places for projects and events.
- Build relationships with other organizations/providers/companies that can lead events/trips/activities at Gibb Mansion.
- Participate in social service staff meetings, present monthly activities and event agenda and case conference difficult and resistant client participation.
- Must attend and participate in all activities and events.
- Work closely with the Cook to coordinate food for events and activities.
- Support clients in the development of a strength-based/solutions-focused self-determined goal and action plan that supports the clients’ optimal level for IL.
- Identify participants’ strengths and barriers to housing stability and assist clients to reduce those barriers by linking clients to the appropriate resources and services.
- Provide pro-active follow-up home visits to ensure housing stability and further progress towards reaching their full potential for IL; including: support, advocacy, reducing isolation, active listening skills, problem solving, and identification of resources to assist with locating housing by applying to lotteries, housing and website applications, working with realtors, landlords, HASA/HRA, etc.
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
- Displays commitment to the mission of IMPACCT Brooklyn and its values.
- Responsible for self-development and supporting a learning environment in addition to participating in 6 job development trainings per year.
- Other duties as directed by Director of Social Services
- Associates Degree in related social services, and 2 years’ experience (or) 5 years’ experience working as a Services Coordinator.
- Must hold to the Housing First model and person-centered/solutions focused methodology.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by a positive attitude, pleasant, professional and cooperative demeanor, with clients, and fellow coworkers.
- Must be able to easily engage individuals and build rapport creating a safe environment and a mode of expression through art and activities.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, particularly active listening, mediation, and writing skills
- Experience in multiple media and be able to work with a wide array of visual art mediums.
- Knowledge and ability to provide Motivational Interviewing and Strengths Based engagement services
- Detail oriented to complete service deliverables and contract compliance
- Creative thinker/adaptive personality.
- Knowledge of community housing resources, social service agencies and HRA.
- Ability to establish and set appropriate boundaries with clients served to help them gain skills and confidence.
- Experience in working with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and mentally ill populations a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office Software
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast pace environment
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends.
- Stay up to date with services, policies and regulations
- Be passionate and committed to agency’s mission
- Fluency in the English language is required, Spanish speaking ability preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. IMPACCT Brooklyn, adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The ability to cope with and tolerate moderate levels of stress is also a necessity. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position (35hrs a week). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and evenings and weekends as needed. The schedule is currently hybrid with a minimum requirement of two days per week. The employee may be required to travel for local and out of state meetings, training sessions, or conferences as needed. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Our Comprehensive Benefits: Hybrid work schedules; competitive pay; paid time off including vacation, personal holidays; 403(b); tuition reimbursement; Flexible Spending Account; medical insurance; Employee Assistant Program; and other fringe benefits.
Hourly Rate Range: $19.23 to $27.00
To Apply: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “SERVICES COORDINATOR” on the subject line.
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. IMPACCT Brooklyn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. IMPACCT Brooklyn makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.