IMPACCT Brooklyn is one of Brooklyn’s premier nonprofit community development corporations providing services borough-wide. The organization works hand-in-hand with low- and moderate-income community members and stakeholders to preserve and develop affordable housing, promote commercial revitalization to strengthen local businesses, create homeownership opportunities, protect tenant rights, combat predatory lending practices and prevent home-loss. Founded as Pratt Area Community Council, Inc. nearly 60 years ago, IMPACCT Brooklyn now serves as a catalyst for neighborhood stabilization and revitalization with a focus on Central Brooklyn and has brought people together to build an equitable, diverse, engaged, and flourishing community.
IMPACCT Brooklyn’s Housing Development Department works to create and rehabilitate affordable and supportive housing. Since the early 1980s IMPACCT Brooklyn has developed more than 1,000 units of affordable and supportive housing. IMPACCT Brooklyn works with third-party property managers for the leasing, monitoring, and care of its properties. The organization has a vision of being the best nonprofit affordable and supportive housing owner in Brooklyn. IMPACCT Brooklyn has a robust and active pipeline to develop additional units of housing in the community, having recently won low-income housing tax credit awards and RFPs with the City and State of New York.
IMPACCT Brooklyn seeks a full-time Project Manager to join our Housing Development Department. The Project Manager will oversee multiple projects from planning and design through construction, inspections, move-in and project closeout. The Project Manager will be expected to act as the primary point of authority and accountability for housing development projects. This position reports to the Director of Housing Development.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is searching for a candidate who is flexible and capable of managing multiple active projects at a given time. The ideal candidate for the Project Manager position has strong organizational and communication skills and is passionate about affordable housing and community development.
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE
- Role in an established and politically connected Brooklyn-based nonprofit community development corporation with a vibrant culture and supportive work environment;
- Dynamic position on a team of mission-driven, hardworking, and dedicated real estate professionals;
- Opportunity to learn the ins and outs of affordable real estate development, grow professionally, and move up through the organization;
- Exposure to a large and diverse range of affordable housing projects;
- Opportunity to work on impactful projects that provide essential affordable housing to low-income households; and
- Flexible work-from-home schedule.
- Manage the acquisition, construction, and renovation of affordable housing development projects.
- Coordinate and implement all tasks required to close on acquisition, construction, and permanent financing for new and existing affordable housing developments.
- Provide project management during construction by preparing requisitions and correspondence, keeping track of expenditures, and coordinating all aspects of the project to move it to completion.
- Prepare project timelines, budgets, relocation plans, and marketing plans.
- Evaluate feasibility of development opportunities and conduct due diligence for existing and prospective projects.
- Coordinate efforts to reposition and refinance existing affordable housing developments.
- Assist with identification of new development sites and related predevelopment efforts.
- Coordinate major capital improvement and sustainability projects for existing affordable housing developments.
- Coordinate transactions with banks and other financial entities, governmental agencies, tenants, attorneys, title companies, architects, and contractors, as required.
- Assist with the preparation of responses to RFPs, RFQs, and other subsidy applications.
- Ensure IMPACCT Brooklyn’s properties are compliant with City agencies and Local Laws.
- Assist in securing property tax exemptions for IMPACCT Brooklyn’s portfolio of buildings.
- Facilitate the transition of projects from housing development to property management after construction completion.
- Identify, communicate, and manage project risks.
- Collaborate with other internal departments including Asset Management, Community Organizing, Marketing, and Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of housing development experience or related educational experience (i.e., master’s degree in urban planning, real estate development, public administration, etc.).
- Strong project management, financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize project activities.
- Strong computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of government-funded affordable housing programs a plus.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. IMPACCT Brooklyn, adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The ability to cope with and tolerate moderate levels of stress is also a necessity. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position (35 hours per week). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and evenings as necessary. The schedule is currently hybrid with a requirement that the employee spend at least two days per week in the office and additional time as needed. The employee may be required to travel for local and out-of-state meetings, training sessions, or conferences as needed. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Our Comprehensive Benefits: Hybrid work schedules; competitive pay; paid time off including vacation, personal, and holidays; 403(b); tuition reimbursement; Flexible Spending Account; medical insurance; Employee Assistance Program; and other fringe benefits.
Annual Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000
To Apply: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “PROJECT MANAGER” on the subject line.
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. IMPACCT Brooklyn makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.