IMPACCT Brooklyn is one of Brooklyn’s premier nonprofit community development corporations providing services borough-wide. The organization works hand-in-hand with low- and moderate-income community members and stakeholders to preserve and develop affordable housing, promote commercial revitalization to strengthen local businesses, create homeownership opportunities, protect tenant rights, combat predatory lending practices and prevent home-loss. Founded as Pratt Area Community Council, Inc. nearly 60 years ago, IMPACCT Brooklyn now serves as a catalyst for neighborhood stabilization and revitalization with a focus on Central Brooklyn and has brought people together to build an equitable, diverse, engaged, and flourishing community.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is looking for a Case Management Supervisor to enhance the quality of client management. The Supervisor will be responsible for the management of program staff and interns as well as shared oversight of day-to-day operations. The candidate will possess strong clinical and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a changing environment. The Case Management must approach persistent mental illness through a hopeful, strengths-based lens and with a passionate focus on maintaining programmatic excellence. This position reports to the Director of Social Service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the Social Service Department
- Work with the Director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Assist with budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Responsible for the completion of psycho-socials and all assessments
- Work with the social service team in the development of recreational, socialization, educational and skill building activities with a view towards client inclusion and integration
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the social service staff to ensure quality of care, due diligence and best practice and actively participate in interdisciplinary case conferencing
- Capable of providing substance abuse case conferencing, training and consultation to all members of the social service team
- Provide annual strategic substance abuse program work plan and keep current and accurate records
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Provide annual substance abuse assessments
- Documentation of all services in compliance with agency standards
- Participate 6 job related trainings per year
- Other task as may be required
- LMSW/LCSW or NYS equivalent degree, with 3 years’ experience
- 2 years supervisory experience. Residential setting experience preferred
- Experience working with geriatric individuals, mental health, and substance use issues
- 2+ years related experience in the development and facilitation of substance use and harm reduction model, provide training, education, and individual and group work
- Demonstrates leadership and coaching influence with colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by a positive attitude, pleasant, professional and cooperative demeanor, with clients, and fellow coworkers
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast pace environment
- Must hold to the Housing First model and person-centered/solutions focused methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office Software
- Bi-lingual a plus
Direct supervision of Case Management staff. Responsible for performance management, training and onboarding.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The ability to cope with and tolerate moderate levels of stress is also a necessity. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position (35hrs a week). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and evenings and weekends as necessary. The schedule is currently hybrid with a minimum requirement of two days in office. The employee may be required to travel for local and out of state meetings, trainings, or conferences as needed. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Our Comprehensive Benefits: Hybrid work schedules; competitive pay; paid time off including vacation, personal, and holidays; 403(b); tuition reimbursement; Flexible Spending Accounts; medical insurance; Employee Assistant Program; and other fringe benefits.
Salary Range: $58,500 – $72,000
To Apply: Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CASE MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR” on the subject line.
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. IMPACCT Brooklyn makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.